We did these yesterday for the Grandma’s but this will most certainly work for any ocassion!
It’s super cheap and it really gives the children the opportunity to make it more personal since they have free reign to create how they please.
I purchased the smaller plates from the Dollar Tree and used regular permanent markers.
NOTE: However, if you are wanting a permanent result, you MUST purchase ceramic markers from your local art store and apply a clear sealant spray after plate has cooled. I did not do this because I knew they would be used as art instead of dinnerware.
- Clean your plate and remove any stickers
- Apply rubbing alcohol and allow to dry
- Draw your design then allow a drying time of at least 30 minutes
- Turn oven to 350 degrees and place dinnerware on center rack
- Once temperature is reached, bake for 25 minutes
- Careful when removing, plate will be hot!
- Allow cooling before handling or using
And there you have it! Simple, sweet and something she’ll cherish for years to come.