I’m still living the raw life and couldn’t be happier to wave the past 32 pounds goodbye! On the other hand, I miss chocolate like something fierce! There are many raw chocolate fudge recipes out there, but I’m hoping mine will be your favorite. This is one of those moments where I had a bunch of recipes for fudge but didn’t have all the ingredients so I just decided to whip it all together with what I did have and hoped it would turn out okay. It turned out better than okay, it’s awesome! Everyone I shared this with said they couldn’t believe it was healthy; that it tastes so good it had to be bad for you. Best compliment EVER! So here’s to being healthy but not sacrificing flavor…
- 2 cups of raw almonds
- unsweetened raw coconut flakes
- 20-22 pitted dates, the softer the better
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 3/4 cup raw honey, any kind you like
- 1 cup of raw honey
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Process almonds until they have a fine, grounded consistency. Add the coconut flakes and process until well combined. Add the pitted dates and honey and process until it reaches a thick, doughy consistency.
- Press firmly into a parchment paper lined 13×9 pan or dish.
- Place in the fridge while making the top layer.
- Rinse out your food processor.
- Process honey, coconut oil and raw cacao until well combined. Making sure to scrape down any unmixed ingredients. Blend well until it resembles a melted fudge-like texture.
- Pour over fudge and spread evenly. Chill in the refrigerator for forty-five minutes or until both layers are hardened.
- Be sure to store in an airtight container in your refrigerator so they don’t melt!
And enjoy! 🙂